Background

Alan Gayne alanIra9 at mac.com
Tue Nov 26 20:57:00 EST 2002

On Tuesday, November 26, 2002, at 07:09  PM, Mark Swindell wrote:

> Also, when one is used to a certain paradigm (like HyperCard), it can
> shape
> your thinking and constrain your ability to grasp a different way of
> doing
> things, especially from within an environment and scripting language so
> overwhelmingly similar to what you're used to.

Hi Mark,

I can certainly relate to how you're feeling - as I recall, I described
it as entering a house very similar, but not exactly like your own -
and then finding yourself in a closet when you thought you were
entering the lavatory.

The good news is that it does get considerably easier with the help of
the many good people on this list.  And take it from this old scripter,
you WILL find that RunRev is immensely more powerful and versatile than
our old friend Hypercard.

As it was pointed out to me, it's a good idea to remember that
Revolution is a very young application, and is far ahead of where
Hypercard was at a similar time after its introduction.  All of the
add-on goodies you're used to with Hypercard will likely come in
relatively short order.

So be a little patient, not only with RunRev, but with your own
learning curve.

Good luck!

Alan