Background

Mark Swindell mswindel at santacruz.k12.ca.us
Tue Nov 26 19:16:01 EST 2002

on 11/26/02 12:49 PM, miscdas at boxfrog.com at miscdas at boxfrog.com wrote:

> Or, try using the "built-in" help; in this case the Application Tutorial.
> Step 10 describes groups and backgrounds and walks you through creating
> them.
>
> I don't come from any type of XTalk background.  I rarely need to venture
> outside of the information provided in the MC download to answer these types
> of rather basic questions. I'm certain better use could be made of the
> supplied resources.
>
> miscdas

I don't find the Rev 1.1 documentation to be particularly well implemented
or cross-referenced, unfortunately.  Many times I have "patiently" waded
through screen after screen and dead end after dead end looking for a nugget
about topic x that I know I saw a couple days prior, often to no avail.  I'm
looking forward to the new docs that will ship with 2.0.

Also, when one is used to a certain paradigm (like HyperCard), it can shape
your thinking and constrain your ability to grasp a different way of doing
things, especially from within an environment and scripting language so
overwhelmingly similar to what you're used to.

-Mark