Socket Tutorial Guidelines

Alan Gayne alanira9 at mac.com
Mon Nov 25 22:13:01 EST 2002

Somewhat off topic, does anyone have or know of a well detailed, step
by step tutorial on how to use RunRev as the front end of a Filemaker
database?

 From the references I've seen on the list it would seem that this is a
fairly widespread technique but I'm yet to find a really good tutorial.

In my Hypercard days I always stored my data my stacks.  But taking
into account the current state of RunRev's reports generator (still MIA
in 2.0?) and the fact that RunRev keeps everything in memory, it seems
that the RunRev/Filemaker combination might just be what I'm looking
for (at least for now).

I'm pretty sure that Runrev has all the tools but I have no conceptual
understanding of how they are best used.  So if anyone has the kind of
tutorial I'm talking about I would really appreciate the help.

Kind regards,
Alan