Extract ImageSource URL from a char in a field?

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Nov 25 00:44:12 EST 2002

Is it possible to extract the file name of the image which was used to
set the imageSource of a character in a field?

eg.

set the imagesource of char 1 of fld "browser" to ("binfile:" &
gCurrentFolder&gCurrentImage)

Works fine. I get the image in the field.... but later  can we get the
actual file reference out?  I would like to some how extract from char
1 that it was

"/myhardDrive/photos/redFlower.jpg"

  which now appears in the place of character 1 in the field.

Possible? or has char 1 now become a simple pixel object embedded in
the stack with no relation/record whatsoever of its source?

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami

Himalayan Academy Publications
katir at hindu.org

www.HimalayanAcademy.com, www.HinduismToday.com