Http or https

Iago iago at iago.net
Fri Nov 22 18:25:01 EST 2002

  Personally, I'd prefer an internal implementation, since
  the URLs in my case are liable to have username/password
  components, ala https://foo:bar@baz.com/

  I'd rather that not show up in a ps listing because I
  launched an external command. :)

  But who am I to speak? I haven't learned much about the
  actual construction yet, because all practical learning
  projects I have in mind involve working with https. So I
  patiently await the fruits of others' labors.

  Thanks, by the way, to the others. :)

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Alex Rice wrote:

> OK who wants to write an external to wrap libcurl? (
> http://curl.sourceforge.net/ ) Or, if you are running OS
> X, the curl command comes pre-installed and you could
> definitely run it from the shell.
>
> "Curl is a command line tool for transferring files with
> URL syntax, supporting FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, GOPHER,
> TELNET, DICT, FILE and LDAP. Curl supports HTTPS
> certificates, HTTP POST, HTTP PUT, FTP uploading,
> kerberos, HTTP form based upload, proxies, cookies,
> user+password authentication, file transfer resume, http
> proxy tunneling and a busload of other useful tricks."
>
> Alex Rice, Software Developer Architectural Research
> Consultants, Inc. alrice at swcp.com alex_rice at arc.to

Fred Hicks <iago AT iago DOT net>