Controls of Stack

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Nov 22 11:28:00 EST 2002

>Does everyone know that repeat with x=1 to the number of controls of stack y
>only enumerates the controls on the current card? Bit of a bugger..eh?
>
>How does one parse all the controls of a stack ensuring that those in a
>background only get parsed once unless they are fields with the sharedText
>set to false... etc

Hi Monte,

It was a pain in the derriere in HyperCard where there is only one
background per card.  It can only be worse in Revolution.

I believe the recommended approach to translation is to use the
Profile Manager to preconfigure each control for each language
supported.  I personally do not use this approach because I want my
app to be translatable into any (Western) language, not just those it
ships with.

FYI, the Serendipity Reference includes a short primer on stack
translatability in the appendix, and the Serendipity Library includes
translation tools + examples...but no handler to inventory your
controls  :{(
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company