Security of program's content files

Igor de Oliveira Couto info at pixelmedia.com.au
Tue Nov 19 17:55:01 EST 2002

Dear Barry,

On Wednesday, November 20, 2002, at 08:17  AM, Barry Levine wrote:

> So my question is: How can I encrypt (if that's the right word) the
> files so that they are useless to anyone -except- when running my
> program?

I seem to remember seeing an XCMD somewhere that did file
encryption/decryption. If I am correct, perhaps one of the more
experienced users can give us a pointer towards the developer's
website?!

Is your software going to run on Windows as well as Macs? - I think you
can probably use AppleScript on the Mac to encode files with a
password, even though that is not a very elegant solution...

Kind Regards,

--
Igor de Oliveira Couto
info at pixelmedia.com.au