GifBuilder & iDraw, and "real" animation

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Tue Nov 19 16:57:01 EST 2002

Hello, Rob!

Yes, GifBuilder would make sense if you already had the program to
create the image "layers" elsewhere. One of the things I liked about
iDraw is that the whole shebang (that's a technical term, eh?) is
self-contained. iDraw still needs some enhancements in its text
handling but for the relatively simple stuff, it's all there.

BTW, for the next level, what would you recommend for character
animation? I'm referring to the ability to move arms and legs but have
them linked so you would only have to grab the knee (for example) to
have the foot raise and the femur pivot at the hip? Again, I'm looking
for simple and inexpensive solutions that can also export as a gif.

Thanks,
Barry