The joy of animated GIF

Bob Arnold rfarnold at bu.edu
Mon Nov 18 18:23:00 EST 2002

I have just caught up and discovered how useful animated GIFs can be -- I
have been making card-based animations since my HC days, and although they
work in RR, I have encountered some problems controlling the sequence with
sticky mousedown loops and leaky locking messages. Now the entire animation
is on one card and I can control the speed, and the sequence, by sending
messages to the image. Before I get too happy, are there any cross-platform
issues or other problems associated with animated GIFs? So far, I have only
tested on Mac OS 9.2. Thanks.
--
Robert Arnold
Associate Professor of Film