dates count

yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Mon Nov 18 14:36:01 EST 2002

>Yves,
>
>How about something like this (you'll need a field "ResultFld" to see the
>result):
>
>on mouseUp
>   breakpoint
>   put fld "dates" into tDates
>   put last word of the long date into thisYear
>   put 1 into lineCounter
>   put "" into retVal
>   put thisYear into currYear
>   repeat with x = (thisYear-9) to 1 step -10
>     put "From " & x & " to " & currYear & ":" into tTemp
>     put 0 into tCount
>     repeat for each line y in tDates
>       if y >= x then
>         add 1 to tCount
>       else
>         exit repeat
>       end if
>     end repeat
>     delete line 1 to tCount of tDates
>     put tCount after tTemp
>     put tTemp into line (the number of lines of retVal)+1 of retVal
>     put x-1 into currYear
>   end repeat
>   put retVal into fld "ResultFld"
>end mouseUp
>
>-- Modify to suit your needs...

Hi Ken

it answers just my needs BUT

i'd like it stops when the fld "dates" is read.

With your script I get for example
from 1783 to 1792 : 0
from -3 to 7 : 0

For it goes about the year dates of people's birthdate.
It may surely stop with 100 years back !!!!!!
Jesus Christus is too old to come in my list !!!!!
--
Greetings.

Yves COPPE

Email : yvescoppe at skynet.be