Repeatloop in mouseDown handler wont end

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon Nov 18 11:12:01 EST 2002

>on mouseRelease
>   if "updateMe" is in the pendingMessages then
>     cancel "updateMe"
>   end if
>end mouseRelease

Just curious, Jan,

The Rev Dictionary states the argument to cancel is the id of the
message (though it then gives an example referencing a line from
pendingMessages).  It does not show or mention cancelling an event by
name.  I trust it works, or you would not have posted this.

BTW, someone posted something along the lines of:

    send "someMessage" to me in x seconds
    put it into messageId

a few days ago.  This will NOT work: the second line should be "put
the result into messageId".
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company