How can I empty the clipboard?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 17 11:48:01 EST 2002

--- Andre Rombauts <andre.rombauts at win.be> wrote:
> If I use:
>
> on mouseUp
>       put empty into field "Dummy"
>       select the text of field "Dummy"
>       copy
> end mouseUp
>
> The clipboard is not emptied because no text was
> selected since the field
> ³Dummy is empty... So how do I proceed?...
>
> André Rombauts

Hi Andre,

There's no real way of doing that as far as I know.
Besides, it's not really user-friendly is it?
The question is: what are you trying to accomplish?
If you want to prevent the user pasting data into a
field, check out the 'pasteKey' command.
If you want to prevent the user copying data from a
field, check out the 'copyKey' command.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====