Showing/Hiding Images on mouseLeave...

Igor de Oliveira Couto info at pixelmedia.com.au
Sat Nov 16 18:24:01 EST 2002

Dear Chipp,

Many thanks for your posting!

> check out
>
> put img 1 into img 2
>
> this way you don't have to 'unpack' them
>
> If you're using tranparent images, you may have to:
>
> set the width of img 1 to the width of img 2
> set the imagedata of img 1 to the imagedata of image 2
> set the alphadata of img 1 to the alphadata of image 2

Your suggestion is along the same line as the suggestions given by Jan
and Terry, which were all extremely helpful. Indeed, I went the way of
setting imageData and alphaData, and that works quite well. One little
word of advice to others who need to implement this: set the alphaData
BEFORE setting the imageData, otherwise for some reason the screen does
not redraw properly using the new alphaData information...

> I spent a lot of time working with images recently (butongadget)
>
> I also recently wrote a 'skinnable' application and had to work around
> many
> of the same issues.

Wow! Wonderful! Perhaps you could give me a few pointers? For instance:
are your 'skin' files actually stacks? - it seems that this is the best
way to go about saving all the image and metadata information in a
single file... Also, how do you then change the file TYPE of the skin
stack, and how do you associate a custom file icon with that icon type
on the Mac?

Once again, many thanks for all your suggestions!

Kind Regards,

--
Igor de Oliveira Couto
info at pixelmedia.com.au