on mouseDoubleDown

doupsy at wanadoo.fr doupsy at wanadoo.fr
Sat Nov 16 12:00:02 EST 2002

>--- doupsy at wanadoo.fr wrote:
>>  Hello,
>>
>>  I am trying to convert an HC Stack to an Revolution
>>  Stack.
>>

>>  --> Here the script of a locked bg field :
>  > on mouseDown
>>	wait 20 ticks
>>	if (the mouseClick) and (the clickLoc is within the
>>  rect of me)
>>	then DOTHIS
>>	else DOTHAT
>  > end mouseDown
>>

>>  --> Here the script of the background (group in
>>  Revolution)
>>  on DOTHIS
>>  end DOTHIS
>>
>>  on DOTHAT
>>  end DOTHAT
>>
>>  I have no problem with these scripts in HC but they
>>  make mistakes in
>>  Revolution.
>>  What is the problem and the solution ?
>>  How is it possible to use mouseDown and
>>  mouseDoubleDown to make ONLYTHIS
>>  with the first one and ONLYTHAT with the second one.
>>
>>  Thanks
>>
>>  Edouard
>>

>Hi Edouard,
>
>Try this script:
>
>local sDoThatMsgID
>on mouseDown
>   if "doThat" is not in the pendingMessages then
>     send "doTHAT" to me in 20 seconds
>     put it into sDoThatMsgID
>   end if
>end mouseDown
>
>on mouseDoubleDown
>   if "doTHAT" is in the pendingMessages then
>     cancel sDoThatMsgID
>   end if
>   doTHIS
>end mouseDoubleDown
>
>Hope this helped,
>
>Jan Schenkel.
>
>=====
>"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish at the same
>time."  (La Rochefoucauld)

Thanks Jan,

But I don't understand very well your script, could you explain more please.

I must say you what I want exactly :

-> I have a locked bg field.

-> When I mouseDown on a line of this bg field, I have a popmenuA (I
use popup command and an invisible button) with for example
menuItemA1 and menuItemA2.

-> When I mouseDoubleDown on a line of this bg field, I have a
popupmenuB with for example menuItemB1, menuItemB2, menuItemB3.

Thanks

Edouard