on mouseDoubleDown

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 16 07:47:01 EST 2002

--- doupsy at wanadoo.fr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to convert an HC Stack to an Revolution
> Stack.
>

> --> Here the script of a locked bg field :
> on mouseDown
> 	wait 20 ticks
> 	if (the mouseClick) and (the clickLoc is within the
> rect of me)
> 	then DOTHIS
> 	else DOTHAT
> end mouseDown
>

> --> Here the script of the background (group in
> Revolution)
> on DOTHIS
> end DOTHIS
>
> on DOTHAT
> end DOTHAT
>
> I have no problem with these scripts in HC but they
> make mistakes in
> Revolution.
> What is the problem and the solution ?
> How is it possible to use mouseDown and
> mouseDoubleDown to make ONLYTHIS
> with the first one and ONLYTHAT with the second one.
>
> Thanks
>
> Edouard

Hi Edouard,

Try this script:

local sDoThatMsgID
on mouseDown
  if "doThat" is not in the pendingMessages then
    send "doTHAT" to me in 20 seconds
    put it into sDoThatMsgID
  end if
end mouseDown

on mouseDoubleDown
  if "doTHAT" is in the pendingMessages then
    cancel sDoThatMsgID
  end if
  doTHIS
end mouseDoubleDown