Project Management Software (OffTopic?)

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Fri Nov 15 15:10:01 EST 2002

On Freitag, November 15, 2002, at 05:34  Uhr, Gary Rathbone wrote:

>> I still think a program written in Rev that did both GANTT and PERT
>> charts could be killer.
>
> Only if it could handle the four types of float calculations, milestone
> slippage (preferably graphical) and resource levelling (with applicable
> re-analysis of the critical path). Also a client server based model
> would be
> ideal so task/resource allocation can be updated by the delegated
> stakeholder etc...

Agree...

> used in the private sector,
> both in the UK and internationally...)
>
> ... whilst integrating those components which PRINCE2 deems to be
> outside
> its scope such as GANTT, PERT, WBS, NPV etc...
>
> A mamoth task, but what a product !

do you have 10 years for playing with idea in minds only than you could
maybe start. seems not to much to start...
Thats Imho not a project for rev, thats one for 4D or such databased
RAD giants tools with a big company and developer structure behind it...
my 2cents

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©

INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539