Project Management Software

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Fri Nov 15 11:26:04 EST 2002

It actually was chartConstructor which prompted me to look into this.
All I know is that it is a Cocoa app and I don't believe the author is
interested in taking it cross platform. I have purchased it and like it
a lot although it seems to be fairly basic in its current form.

I contacted the Micro Planner folks and they are not OS X native yet
but are working on it. They say they will "have a release prior to
support being dropped by Apple." They did not give a date but I'm
assuming that could mean this January as they say that if purchased
now, the OS X native version would be included as a free upgrade.
They're product is very expensive so it isn't really a competitor to MS
Project in the way chartConstructor might be if it was cross platform.

I still think a program written in Rev that did both GANTT and PERT
charts could be killer.

Thanks for all the feedback. I didn't know about Micro Planner.

Bill Vlahos