Showing/Hiding Images on mouseLeave...

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Nov 14 16:39:01 EST 2002

>Is anyone able to tell us whether this bug has been previously
>reported, and whether it is being addressed in version 2.0?

Igor, et al:

I sent the following to the improve-rev list earlier today:

Hi All,

 From the use-rev list:

1. Create a stack with two identically-sized images, "top" &
"bottom", placed at the same loc.

2.Top image script:

on mouseleave
   answer "left top"
   hide me
   show image "bottom"
end mouseleave

on mouseenter
   answer "entered top"
end mouseenter

3. Bottom image script:

on mouseenter
   answer "entered bottom"
   hide me
   show image "top.gif"
end mouseenter

on mouseleave
   answer "left bottom"
end mouseleave

Image "bottom" is not getting a mouseLeave message until the mouse
leaves and reenters image "top". There is no mouseLeave message sent
to image "top" until you exit "top" and reenter it, at which point
mouseLeave is sent to "bottom" and mouseEnter is sent to "top".  I've
tried specifically sending mouseLeave & mouseEnter to the images and
clicking outside image "bottom" before hiding it; but I still get no
message the first time the mouse leaves "over".  Locking message and
changing the order of the hide & show messages didn't seem to help
either.

Perhaps the MC engine needs to update its current control status when
an image is hidden?

<<
--

Rob Cozens