The RR programming model

Simon Forster simon-lists at ldml.com
Thu Nov 14 05:27:01 EST 2002

Hi

I've vaguely flirted with Revolution and gone through a couple of
tutorials but I've never played with HyperCard or other stack based
systems - and I don't understand the programming model which they
follow. What is a stack? How do they fit in with more traditional
programming languages?

<Yorkshire accent>
When I were a lad, we sat down in front of green terminals bashing out
endless lines of C. None of your fancy object orientated rubbish, just
nice, clean hand crafted code. We had to trudge through the snow in
bare feet...
</Yorkshire accent>

Seriously, can someone put the whole stack thing into some sort of
perspective wrt more traditional programming languages - or point me to
a resource which does this? I think it'd help me quite a lot.

TIA

Simon Forster
   LDML Ltd, Office One, 16 Canham Road, London, W3 7SR, UK
   <tel int="+44 70 9230 5244" uk="070 9230 5244">
   <fax int="+44 70 9230 5247" uk="070 9230 5247">
   <mailto:simon at ldml.com>