Transparent button issue

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Wed Nov 13 17:35:01 EST 2002

I haven't been following this issue too closely but the last post
pointed me to something I've been doing in a current project.

I am using picture objects and simply setting the fileName of the
object to an existing jpeg (in a "resource" folder). I'm able to set
the picture to whatever I need programmatically depending on what the
user chooses in other available picture objects (which I am treating as
buttons).

For example:

on whateverEvent
	set the fileName of image "myImage" to "myJPEG.jpg"
end whateverEvent

I'm not sure how this impacts upon #2 (below) as I am not yet
completely conversant in the nuances.

Hope this helps.

Barry