1.5 (now 2.0)

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Nov 13 15:13:01 EST 2002

OK Rob, let me see if I have this the way you want it:

Suppose you have a rectangluar image that is 300x300 that has a 200x200
clock in it. The interior part of the clock needs to change color, but the
color surrounding the clock face itself does not. So for example, if the
300x300 image had a white background, it should stay white even if the clock
interior changes colors, right?

If this is what you want, then here's what you do ('cause I just did it
myself with a simple example):

1) Take your clock into Photoshop (or the equivalent), set the exterior of
the clock face to the color you want (I used white) and the interior of the
clock to transparent. (I dumped red into the interior of the clock,
flattened the image, reduced it to 256 colors and then exported as Gif89a,
selecting the red as my transparent color in the dialog box before
exporting.)

2) Import the image into Rev. What should happen is that the clock face
takes on the background color of the card it's sitting on. (To check, change
the background color of the card and see if it does.)

3) Now create a rectangle with the fill color that you want, and place it
*behind* the clock face, so that its color shows through the face of the
clock. Now all you need to do is change the backgroundColor of the rectangle
behind the clock to make it appear as though you're changing the color of
the clock.

If this is NOT what you want, let me know and I'll see if I can come up with
something else.

Hope this helps,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software