1.5 (now 2.0)

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Nov 13 11:28:44 EST 2002

Chipp, et al:

>If I were to try and create the effect I *think* you're after, I'd probably
>overlay a circular graphic with a color and use one of the ink effects to
>create a see-thru effect. Or, I would use a single transparent circular.gif
>and set the the blendLevel of it to a transparent number. Of course you'll
>need to pass the mouseUp event (or others if you use them) through it.

I don't think this will do it for me; but I'm willing to experiment
if you think it will work.  My issue here is I don't want any colors
in the non-transparent portion of the image to change; just the
background color of the button and just within the confines of the
round icon image:

1. Create a circular image with a transparent center.
2. Make the image a button icon (remember the image appears on 25-30%
of the cards in the stack).
3. How to make the area under the inside the circle change color
without changing images or coloring the portions of the button
outside the image?

>Also, don't forget you can set the backPattern of a graphic to an image. Not
>sure if it will help, but it is an interesting way to crop images to a
>circle.

I don't understand the technique you're describing here...could you
please restate this sentence or provide an example?

--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company