1.5 (now 2.0)

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Nov 13 11:28:35 EST 2002

>you can set the
>backgroundPattern or backgroundColor of an image so that might help your
>situation. For example, if you make the clock face such that the "white"
>areas inside the clock are actually transparent, and then set the
>backgroundColor of the image to white, you *should* see a white clock.

Thanks for the suggestion, Ken; but by setting the background color &
opaqueness of the button I get a black clock face inside a white
square.  The background color property populates the entire rectangle
of the button, not just the portion within the round image.

I might note that in HC, setting the hilite of a transparent button
causes the button colors to invert within the icon image only.  So
far as I can tell, this effect is not possible in RunRev short of
producing a set of hilited images and setting the button's hilited
icon.  If the button is not opaque, setting/changing the background
color has no visible effect; if it is opaque, hiliting the button
hilites its entire rectangle.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company