insert script into back?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 12 16:45:01 EST 2002

--- Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> wrote:
> insert script of stack "MyMainStack" into back
>
> Somewhere I found this code snippet, without a real
> good explanation of
> why one would need it. Does this transcript do
> anything really? Doesn't
> the mainstack already catch all messages by virtue
> of being the main
> stack?

Yes it does, but sometimes you might want to sêtup
something from a library stack to catch all the
messages.
The backScripts sit just before the engine, but behind
the stacksInUse. So you could use them (for example)
to complement certain standard behaviour.

As for frontScripts, you can use those (for example)
to check input in fields by inserting the script of a
library field in the front on openField.

Pretty powerful things, frontScripts and backScripts,
though admittedly I only use frontScripts.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====