rectangle button q's

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Mon Nov 11 20:19:10 EST 2002

I'm using the rectangle style button.

1) I'm using this style because I have left aligned text and right
aligned icons on these buttons. With the standard button style on OS X,
the icon hangs off the rounded corner of the button, which looks bad.
The rectangle style does not have this problem. I like the rounded
buttons, so is there any other workarounds for this other than using
the rectangle style.

2) When the rectangle style button is selected, and the "hilite
background" property is yes, then button highlights when clicked,
drawing a dark blue background color. How can I change that dark blue
hilite color? It doesn't look like it fits the system control colors on
Mac. Maybe the dark blue looks fine on Windows.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at swcp.com
alex_rice at arc.to