Html to text

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 11 06:10:01 EST 2002

--- "tkuypers at pandora.be" <tkuypers at pandora.be> wrote:
> Forgive me for a maybe very dumb question, but I¹m
> new to Revolution...
>
> I used to work with SuperCard but I need to go
> cross-platvorm so RunRev is
> the only good choice.
>
> But I¹m facing a small problem and before writing a
> lot of code, maybe
> somebody can give me a lead or suggestion...
>
> I¹ve put a html-page into a variable and need to get
> rid of all html-code...
> The remaining information needs to be analised,
> reformatted and printed.
>
> In SC I could use an external to clean up these
> code, but anybody got a
> suggestion how to do it in Revolution?
>
> Any help is welcome
>
> Ton Kuypers

Hi Ton,

There are two ways to tackle this:

1) use a field like this:
  set the htmlText of fld "tricky" to theTextWithHTML
  put the text of fld "tricky" into theTextWithoutHTML

2) or have a look at the following posts from the
mailing list archive:

http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2002-August/006632.html

http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2002-August/006647.html

Hope this helped,