Sockets

Gary Rathbone gary.rathbone at btclick.com
Sun Nov 10 14:54:01 EST 2002

Perhaps a slightly different slant but I beleive the IP address of any
computer is 127.0.0.1 as well as the given IP number (either statically or
dynamically assigned). This is what I use in development (for Rev,
Dreamweaver, IIS etc) and it works fine.

I guess it depends on what your trying to do, if you can expand a little
then more suggestions may be offered. Personally, I use multiple Rev stacks
on the same IP number but different HTTP ports. This works fine for what I
want to do.

eg Rev (server) loads a web page to Explorer (client) on 127.0.0.1:8181 and
reply is then captured by Rev listening on this port. In this case there's
no reason why the client can't be Rev.

Regards

Gary Rathbone BSc MBCS
Chartered Information Systems Practitioner