Player Object problem

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Sun Nov 10 10:52:00 EST 2002

I have a few Player Objects in my stack that contain QT movies. I have
no problem triggering the playing of the movies at the appropriate
times. However, I do have a problem getting the movies to maintain the
display of their last frames or even to set them to the last frames via
Transcript. This occurs when I leave the current card, move to another,
and then return. The movie's currentTime resets to 0. Okay, I can
understand that might happen so I'll add some code to my stack script.
Here is my code:

on doThis
	go next card
	-- (then do something there)
	go prev card
	-- (now we're back on the card where the movie is)
	set the currentTime of player "player1" to the duration of player
"player1"
end doThis

The problem is that the currentTime remains at 0 when I test this using
the messageBox.

However, if I add a button (named "setMaxDuration") on the card with
the code:

on mouseUp
	set the currentTime of player "player1" to the duration of player
"player1
end mouseUp

...that works! So I have to change my stack code to:

on doThis
	go next card
	-- (then do something there)
	go prev card
	-- (now we're back on the card where the movie is)
	send mouseUp to button "setMaxDuration"
end doThis

Have I found a bug (or found one that has already been identified
months ago)? The bootm line is that I'd like to have the card remain
exactly as I left it when I return to it. It seems that the player
objects do not have persistency. Am I not setting the various options
correctly?

BTW - The lista who recommended setting the UI to Mac (away from
Appearance Manager) if running in Jaguar was quite correct. Rev 1.1.1
has stopped crashing as long as I set this properly immediately upon
launch.

Thanks,
Barry