Poke the IPTC annotation data space of images?

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Nov 9 16:38:15 EST 2002

Thanks Gary:

That get's me up to speed on this area, but since I don't know C++.
Getting from where Rev is today to Revolution with a cross platform
IPTC DataSet plug-in doesn't appear very doable.

I guess for now I will have to go with the stack model where images
carry associated data as custom props.

If anyone ever did generate this funcationality within Rev, an entire
(hard to assess how big, but if only photoShop and BreezeSys are doing
it now, then it's any body's game)  market within the publishing,
newspaper, media industry could open up for developers to provide
needed apps...

But for now I'll have to stay with xTalk. I have posted this to the
Improve list, as an obscure wish for the future feature list, just in
case, unbeknownst to us, since to core engine already has JPEG export
built in, poking the IPTC data might not be such a big deal to add on
to the core engine. I can't imagine that it is anything more than some
kind of header or trailer.... in a specific pre-defined format.

Thanks
Hinduism Today

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Editor's Assistant/Production Manager