Recording sound

Richard D. Miller wow at together.net
Sat Nov 9 14:12:01 EST 2002

Being Mac people...we're in the process of moving a project over to Windows
XP and are having problems recording sound. The sound is coming in through
the Firewire port on our Sony VAIO laptop (via an analog video camera hooked
up through an analog-to-digital converter). When we try using the Sound
Recorder app on the PC, it doesn't recognize any sound input.

On the Mac, we had to adjust the Sound control panel by switching the input
to DV Audio. I suspect we have to do the same thing under XP, but haven't
found the way to do this yet. What are we missing?

Thanks.

--
Richard Miller
Advanced Training Systems, Inc.