Web Access - launch Browser

David Wilkinson dwilk at bradfork.co.uk
Sat Nov 9 06:32:27 EST 2002

Jeanne
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I don't think it is the
complete answer since the original scriptlet was:

	put the selectedtext into tAppName
	Answer file "Select Text file to open "
	If tAppName is not empty then
		put"file:" & it into tFileName
		Get shell (tAppName && tFileName)
	End if

The problem was that the conditional clause never ran because
tAppName was always empty. The answer dialog lines were inserted one
at a time to discover if RR had picked up the selectedText, which it
had but for some reason it would not *put* it into the variable.

However, today it is working as expected - as I said, there are some
gremlins at work somewhere - ?with running stacks within the dev UI?
There are other issues under Linux  - cutting from the documentation
works sporadically( though c&p is a bit of a nightmare under X
anyway), likewise code completion in the script editor and mouse
wheel scrolling direction is reversed to mention just three off the
top of my head.  By the way. does RR install by default with root
privileges - if so that might need to be addressed in due course? -
though that will not be easy.

> From: "Jeanne A. E. DeVoto" <jeanne at runrev.com> > > This is
happening because the dialog box takes the focus, so the > text is
deselected. Instead, you need to save the text in a > variable: > >
put the selectedText into myText > answer myText > put myText into
tAppName > answer tAppName