Clearing QT video when it's done

Trevor DeVore trevor at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Nov 8 12:05:00 EST 2002

On Friday, November 8, 2002, at 10:14  AM, SilverDollar wrote:

> I’m running Quicktime video clips in a player using the “Set the
> filename of player 1 to MyClipName, followed by a “Start player 1”
> command. (my thanks to the examples posted on the website).
>
> When the clip is finished playing, I’d like the last frame to
> disappear. As it stands, the last frame persists.  I’ve tried several
> variations using the “Done” function hoping to either hide the player
> or go to another card at the end of the video.  I can’t get the Done
> function to work.  It seems to continue waiting even though the video
> is long over.  Only Cmd-period gets the script to stop.

You could probably set a callback event for the movie that sent a
message to your player when the end of the movie was reached.  I
haven't tested this but it should work.

In the properties palette for your movie you can set a callback event
under the "QuickTime" tab (it has a little QuickTime Q).  At the bottom
of the palette you can enter callback events.  In the column on the
left you would enter the duration of your movie.  In the column on the
right enter the message you want sent to the player when the end of the
movie is reached.

Now you just need to create the script to handle the message when it is
sent to the player.  In the script tab for the player enter:
on NameOfYourMessage
	set the visible of me to false
end NameOfYourMessage

This would hide the player when it is done.  Hope this works.

Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com