Mac OK - Win compilation problematic

Peter Lundh simran at teleline.es
Fri Nov 8 09:35:02 EST 2002

Hi all-

I made an Application with RunRev 1.1.1 on Mac OSX earlier this year. The
client's come back to me and now wants a PC version. I built the Windows
distribution with the MacOSX version of Revolution (if that's of any
importance). Unfortunately, the finished Windows application is displaying a
number of defects which I hoped that, perhaps, someone could help me with:

1) The "visual effect dissolve" is much slower in the Windows version, but
what's worse is that it's displayed in a "pixelated" fashion, almost
stuttering from frame to frame, whereas it's a smooth and beautiful
transition in both the PPC and OSX versions of the app.

2) Cards containing grouped objects and fields with (vertical) scrollbars
look and work fine in the Mac builds, but in the Windows build exactly the
same thing happens: The main stack contain three cards with white
backgrounds and groups, or text fields with vertical scrollbars. For some
reason, the card color, which is white in the Mac versions, is a 50% gray in
the Windows version. The strange thing is that even if I place a white
rectangle in the background, covering the whole card it makes no difference
- the darn Windows application still displays a 50% gray background on those
cards. The scrollable fields, themselves, which are white in the Mac
versions are also 50% gray in the Win app.

3) Throughout the application there are large images that change when you
click on them. They are large buttons where the Icon and Hilited Icon ID's
are set to different images. Each button has a simple on MouseUp script
setting "the hilite of me to (not the hilite of me)" (a la Klaus Major ;).
Once again, in Mac I click on the images and they change nicely without any
hiccups. In the Windows build, however, when I click on an image it changes
to the Hilited Icon ID and then back again (as if I did a double click). The
hilited image is also shifted a couple pixels diagonally making the
application look anything but professional.

Grateful for advice :)

-Peter
--
Peter Lundh