sending email

Steve Messimer steve at messimercomputing.com
Thu Nov 7 12:09:03 EST 2002

Hi folks,

I am working on a button that will automatically send an email msg when
clicked. Actually it is a bit more involved. I know that this will only work
on the MacOS.  Here's the script:

If the platform is "MacOS" then
    ask "Please type the email address of your instructor in the space
provided."
    If it is empty then
      exit to top
    else
      put "mailto:"&it&"" into mailaddress -- this works OK
      -- How do I load the Subject line of the email?
      -- put "Assignment" into subject
      -- How do I load the body of the email?
      -- put field "Assignment" into body
      revGoURL mailaddress
    end if
  else
    Answer information "Sorry this feature only works with the the Macintosh
operating system."
  end if
end mouseUp

Thanks for your help! :-)