Alpha version of ButtonGadget now available for Mac

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Nov 7 01:42:00 EST 2002

The PC version is released.

There's an alpha version of ButtonGadget available at:
http://www.buttongadget.com/buttongadget/RunRevUsers.htm

bottom of the page.

Before I go on, I have to mention something about this conversion process.
ButtonGadget is a very complicated PC program. It has many image effect
libraries and lots of file management tools, not to mention a lot of PC
specific registration and regedit code. Anyway, I loaded it up tonight for
the very first time on a Mac, expecting to spend a couple of days to just
get it working..and..EVERYTHING worked pretty much as it should! Oh, set the
backcolor of btn x doesn't seem to work on a Mac but the rest sure does!
Took me all of 45 minutes to compile this version. It doesn't have the
creator code stuff or even a decent menu (not needed on PC), but the core
app is the same. I do love this programming language. Back to ButtonGadget.

The .sit file contains:

Readme.txt PLEASE READ THIS!
ButtonGadget.rev for use with RunRev to build buttons and export them
ButtonGadget executable
buttonplugins folder - where you should download new buttonsets to.
You can get buttonsets at:
http://www.buttongadget.com/buttonsets/default.htm

Couple of things to note about this version:

1)All compositing and effects are done inside Revolution. Originally
programmed on a PC 800Mhz, much faster than my G3 powerbook. The only real
slow one is the blur filter. So, if you load a buttonset which uses the
blur, it may take as long as 15 seconds on a G3 to render each button. If
you don't want to wait, hold the option key down and it will interrupt the
blur for that button state. Then turn off blur for that button state and the
buttonstate will redraw correctly. You'll want to save the buttonset without
blur.

2)It's still Alpha. Let me know problems you have.

You'll want to read the online manual at:
http://www.buttongadget.com/manual/gettingstarted.htm

-Chipp