Concatenation blues

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Fri May 31 12:32:00 EDT 2002

>In the code you posted originally:
>> open file "FinalOutput"
>
>you didn't specify the mode (text/binary) for the output file (you did for
>the input files).

THANK YOU! Yes, this was the problem. I can't tell you how many times I
looked at this. It is often some stupid typo or missing param that's the
culprit. That's why it's so helpful to have other eyes giving it a once
over.

>I can't account for the relative slowness of using the URL version - if
>anything I would have expected this to be fractionally quicker.
>
>I also can't account for the difference in size you reported

Both of these are baffling to me also, but they now take a much lower
priority since I got my app working. :-)  Anyway, how often is there an
unintended side-effect where you actually *save* file space? (BTW,
reading and saving on the same volume).

Thanks again for taking a look and spotting the obvious.

Howard Bornstein