Setting the scale of player and relative paths (malte brill)

malte brill malte.brill at t-online.de
Fri May 31 03:11:01 EDT 2002

Hello Jeanne.

Sorry I haven´t seen your reply before posting the other message.
The problem with the player was that the mpgs weren´t running smoothly (I
don´t know the english term for "ruckeln", sorry) To put it in other words,
the player was freezing or "loosing frames". I guess that was due to my
scaling script. I put item 3 of the screenrect into a variable and
calculatet the width and height of the player from it by multiplicating by
1.4 for the width and that value multiplicatet by 4 and divided by 5 ( in
order to get a 5:4 resolution) Sorrowly these values are round and therefore
the resolution is not absolutely exact. And I guess it takes quicktime many
cycles rescaling the player.
Now I set up constant values for different resolutions and it works. :-)

Relative path:

I want to start my movies from a folder called derbrill subfolder mpg

the absolute path while develloping is

"Daten/derbrill/mpg"

My stack is in the folder derbrill (right now on Daten.)

Thanks

Malte