More questions regarding revPrintText II

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue May 28 17:03:00 EDT 2002

Hi Again,

I'm now at:

on printTable
theTable,theHeader,theFontSize,theLineLength,addedSpaceWidth,addedSpaceLocations
   if theLineLength < 1 then put offset(return,theTable)-1 into theLineLength
   set cursor to watch
   push card
   lock screen
   lock messages
   go to card 1 of stack "Serendipity Library.rev"
   if addedSpaceWidth is not empty then put justifyString("
",addedSpaceWidth) into theSpacer
   put empty into newTable
   repeat for each line tableLine in theTable
     put char 1 to theLineLength of tableLine into tableLine --
truncate unwanted or hidden text
     if addedSpaceWidth > 0 then
       repeat with x = the number of lines of addedSpaceLocations down to 1
         put theSpacer after char (line x of addedSpaceLocations) of tableLine
       end repeat
     end if
     put tableLine&return after newTable
   end repeat
   put newTable into field "Print Formatter"
   set the textFont of char 1 to -1 of field "Print Formatter" to "Courier New"
   --  set the textAlign of char 1 to -1 of field "Print Formatter" to "Center"
   set the textSize of char 1 to -1 of field "Print Formatter" to theFontSize
   set the printMargins to 36,36,36,36
   revShowPrintDialog true,true
   get the short date
   revPrintText (the htmlText of field "Print
   put empty into field "Print Formatter"
   pop card
   unlock messages
   unlock screen
   set cursor to hand
end printTable

The issues I still need to resolve are:

1.  How to get the text center aligned? (The line I commented out
produces a can't set that property error, and I've noticed one cannot
manually set the alignment of a single line in a field: the whole
field changes alignment; yet I know this can be done in html...what
happens when that html is placed in the htmlText of a field?)

2.  How to get revPrintText to recognize changed print margins when
determining lines per page?  Changing all four printMargins seemed
only to effect the right margin.  revPrintText inserts a page break
several lines above the footer, leaving too much blank space.

3.  I thought setting font & size for the header & footer would be
easy; but I'm not getting anywhere there either.  According to the
Rev dictionary, "If the textToPrint, headerText, or footerText
contains <p> or a start/end tag pair, the revPrintText command
assumes the text is in the same format as the htmlText property."
Thus I assumed the "<p>"s above would instruct revPrintText to use
the font & size specified in the htmlText of the field; but it isn't
working.

--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company