Array of struct And to And onto and ...

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Mon May 27 13:35:00 EDT 2002

At 11:54 AM +0200 5/27/02, Jean-Michel Lekston wrote:
>I said that X-talk (aka hyper-talk) is poor (not powered computer language)
>because it is very constrained one.

Transcript is very flexible, and also very powerful.

>What about structure ? (Or Class in object point of view)

Transcript has chunk syntax which allows for a less formal, more flexible way of handling this.

>What about references

Built-in. You can pass arguments by reference, and you can reference a property by storing its name in a variable. Finally there is the "do" construct, for the ultimate in flexibility.

>What about memory managing?

It's taken care of automatically.

>What about Multi-threading ?

In general, multi-threading slows a computer down (time is spent switching contexts that could have been spent doing actual work). The send...in construct allows some of the same functionality with less overhead.

>What about paradigm (event-drive, procedural, GUI oriented.
> why stacks, groups, cards are fixed => Closed API...  ?

What do you actually need?

>Is - there a well defined grammar rules (as we can find for most of
>language) ?

What are you looking for here?

>In fact i preferred said that x-talk (hyper-talk) is a simple script/macro
>language for event call-back of a GUI RAD

Transcript is a full-featured, powerful, easy-to-use language/syntax that also happens to function like a script/macro langauge.
--

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com