How to switch to another running app?

Karl Petersen karlpet at mac.com
Fri May 24 19:32:01 EDT 2002

At 10:24 PM -0600 5/23/02, Barry Levine wrote:
>I've seen a few postings about how to launch an app from within Rev.
>If I know I have another program running (let's say "Internet
>Explorer") and I want to have IE open a particular HTML file whose
>path I know, how do I do it?

I believe "revGoURL <url>" does what you want. It opens the HTML file
in the user's default web browser.

As in:

   revGoURL "file:///Hard%20Disk/Desktop%20Folder/Sample%20File.html"

The normal path name doesn't work. To retrieve the URL in the
required format, I opened the file in the browser and copied the URL
displayed in the browser.

Karl