ODBC Drivers for Fm Pro 5.5 II?

Tariel Gogoberidze PMDA at earthlink.net
Thu May 23 15:03:01 EDT 2002

> At 12:00 pm +0100 23/5/02, Peter Reid wrote:
>
> >It seems that it is finding the file OK, but doesn't like it for
> >some reason?!  Does the file have to be .html or can it be any text
> >file? Also, does the file need to include any additional HTML, or
> >can it be literally the following two lines:
> >
> >   JobCode: [FMP-field: JobCode]
> >   JobDesc: [FMP-field: JobDesc]

It  can be any text file and  does not have to  include any additional
HTML. You  definitely can use syntax above.  I'm using such  syntax all
the time.

Concerning your  syntax error

>   post "-db=Job.fp5&-lay=Table&-format=fmformat.html&-findAll" to URL theURL

1. Make  sure layout table  has  both of your response fles

JobCode
JobDesc

2. Try to use different  layout name.  Not  sure but "table"could be
reserved word (it definitely is for lasso). So try to rename  it to
"xTable" or  something

3. If above will  not help try to put your format file into folder named
"web" on the same  directory as your FMP application. This folder should
be already  there because FMP by default looks into  this folder for
format  files. To  explain better, with web companion FMP  plays a  role
of miniature  web server and folder "web"  is it's root directory. There
is some security issues involved in storing format files in web folder
but they were fixed in the latest  version of web companion for FMP 5.5
posted  several days  ago.
So,  in this case your path will be  "http://192.168.181.4/FMPro" or
"http://192.168.181.4/FMPro?" don't remember, try both

4. Also, go to FMP's  web  companion preferences (configuration) and
set web log  to extended. Then find file called  "weblog" in the same
folder  where FMP application  is located and  read  it . This will give
you a lot of feedback.

5. Yes,  you  may also  try  to modify format file to  JobCode:
[FMP-field:'JobCode']. At least for lasso single quote is important and
space is not necessary

Best Regards
Tariel Gogoberidze