Observations Re: Images

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu May 23 09:32:01 EDT 2002

Hi Jeanne,

>You can create a blank button and set its icon to the image; in this way
>the image can reside in any stack that's loaded into memory.

I created an empty stack, started using revimagelibrary.rev, and
created a button referencing an image in the library.  The image
appears in the new stack as expected; however it does not disappear
when I stop using the image library, and it is still present if I
stop Revolution and restart my new stack without using the image
library.  From this I conclude the image is transferred to the stack
from the library. I would be happy if this is not the case, but have
no other explanation for this behavior.

>Um? Not sure what you are referring to here as "the stack's image library".
>Can you give more details? (I've done just this - an image in a group that
>appears on more than one card - without problems.)

If I open the image library window and select the pop up after
"Library", the last choice is the current stack.  This is what I am
referring to as the stack's image library.  All I did was import an
image as control, create a group containing only the image, and set
the background property of the group.  Now select New Card from the
Objects menu and then open the image library for the stack--wallah:
two copies of the image appear.  Create another card, and you'll see
three entries in the image library.  Delete one of the cards, and
you'll see one less entry in the image library.  As above, perhaps
there is some other explanation as to what is happening, but I can't
see it.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company