Screen Locks?

yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Thu May 23 07:14:01 EDT 2002

>Just a thought: maybe you could
>-make a snapshot of your screen,
>-show that in a separate "snapshot" stack C,
>-hide the "working" stack A,
>-show the "progress" stack B

Thank you Klaus, that's possible :

--assuming you're in your stack "A"
get the windowID of stack "A"
lock screen
go to stack "C"
import snapshot of window it
hide stack "A"
unlock screen  --and afterwards make the progression bar moves in the stack "B"

    put the number of btns of cd <yourcdnum> of stack "A" into tbtns
    put the long name of sb "lprogres" of cd 1 of stack "B" into tprog
    set the endvalue of tprog to tbtns
    palette "B"
    repeat with x = 1 to tbtns
      set cursor to busy
      set the thumbpos of tprog to x --*** I want to see this ***
      whateverYouWantToDo x  --*** I don't want to see this until "End DoIt"
     end repeat
     close stack "C"
     show stack "A"
     close stack "B"

On whateverYouWantToDo x
   --I'm going to reshape some controls... LOTS of them!
   set the rect of btn x to someRect
   set the textSize of btn x to someSize
   set the margins of btn x to someMargin
End whateverYouWantToDo

In french : "...et le tour est joué...!"

Try this and let's know if it runs as you want.
--
Greetings.

Yves COPPE

Email : yvescoppe at skynet.be