ODBC Drivers for Fm Pro 5.5 II?

Peter Reid preid at reidit.co.uk
Thu May 23 06:05:01 EDT 2002

>I think it's just the url -- you have an extra forward slash in
>there, and you perhaps need a question mark:
>
>   put "http://192.168.181.4/FMPro?" into theURL

If I remove the 2nd "/" then I get a file not found message instead:

   err.title = "Format File Not Found";
   err.mssg = "The format file \"fmformat2.html\" could not be found.";

If I keep the 2nd "/", then I get:

   window.errObj = { code: 400, reason: 0, cause: "//FMPro HTTP/1.1" };

   err400: "Bad Request\r\rThe server could not process your request
due to a syntax error.",

The "?" at the end of the URL doesn't make any difference.

It seems that it is finding the file OK, but doesn't like it for some
reason?!  Does the file have to be .html or can it be any text file?
Also, does the file need to include any additional HTML, or can it be
literally the following two lines:

   JobCode: [FMP-field: JobCode]
   JobDesc: [FMP-field: JobDesc]

>You might need to check which port the Web Companion is using. If
>it's not 80, you'll need to include it in the url.

It's using port 80.

>You can also get xml formatted data from FM Pro with the Web
>Companion. There's a lot of information on this page:
>
><http://www.filemaker.com/xml/index.html>

Thanks for the link.

>Cheers
>Dave Cragg

Cheers

Peter
--
Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK
E-mail: preid at reidit.co.uk
Web: http://www.reidit.co.uk