Observations Re: Images

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed May 22 10:12:00 EDT 2002

Hi All,

I'm trying to determine the most efficient way of handling images in
stacks short of distributing a bunch of individual image files.  Can
anyone confirm or refute what I think I know?

* There is no way of sharing a image among several stacks except by
keeping the image as an individual file.  If, for example, one starts
using an image library stack and references an image in the library,
a copy of the image is installed in the referencing stack.

* One should never put an image in a group that appears on more than
one card...rather one should place a button referencing the image by
icon #.  If this is not done, a new copy of the image appears in the
stack's image library every time a card containing the group is
created.

* Based on the above, an image library is really a developer's
library, not a runtime library...simply a short cut (or alternate
means) of adding images to a stack.  [Too bad, says moi]

* Is the situation any different for substacks in a stack?  I have
not tested for this yet.

TIA,
--

Rob Cozens