Application Name on MacOS X

Mark Talluto fuegox at mac.com
Tue May 21 18:52:01 EDT 2002

On Tuesday, May 21, 2002, at 09:01  AM, use-revolution-
request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> I'm running into a problem and I'm not sure what to do to fix this.
> I'm not
> sure if this is an issue on RunRev, but it is on MetaCard.  I am now
> done
> writing a few programs and they've been rewritten for MacOS X in
> MetaCard.
> When I build the standalone and open it up, the application menu still
> says
> "MetaCard".
>
> Is there any way to change the name of this menu and also any menu items
> within it.  I would like to put a "Preferences" menuitem in there and
> change
> "Quit MetaCard" to "Quit WebCam LIVE".  Any help would be wonderful.
>

> Derek Bump
> Dreamscape Software, Inc.
> http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/

Derek,

You need to edit the plst resource in your standalone.  Apple supplies
tools to do that in there developer kit.  You can get this for free by
downloading it.  The plst resource is an xml file.  You could also edit
it by hand with a good text editor like bbedit.  Then copy it and paste
it using resedit on the classic side of things.

-Mark Talluto