field lines limit

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Tue May 21 14:04:01 EDT 2002

>What is the practical limit for the number of lines in a text field (i.e. without danger of data corruption)?  If it matters, each line would have 6 or 7 characters.
>Thanks, Kurt

I think the technical answer is: "A lot" ;-)

I've put five megabytes of data into a field, but the lines were longer than yours.

It would be easy enough to write a destructive test. Create a routine that puts more and more into a field while loggin what it's doing to a file. Wait until it blows up and see how far it got.
--

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com