Can Anyone Give Me A Clue

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue May 21 13:22:01 EDT 2002

Hi All,

I've just spent a very frustrating hour trying to determine what
happened to changes I had made to my library's database substack AND
SUCCESSFULLY SAVED SEVERAL TIMES (pardon my shouting).

I began the morning by adding tool tips to the buttons on my library
stack and replacing gif images with new images of the same name & id
in the database substack.  I'm happily working along, saving the
stack every few minutes, and shutting down & restarting RunRev once
in a while until...

I restart Revolution, open my library stack, and find the name of a
button I CHANGED THE DAY BEFORE had reverted to pre change & ALL my
changes for this morning were gone as well.

What is going on here??

* Is RunRev saving hidden backup copies of my stack?

* Can shutting down & immediately restarting RunRev cause problems if
the development system maps to the same memory locations it was using
when shut down?

* Is it better to create a substack as a mainstack and work on it as
such until it's completely debugged.

* The icon numbers I assigned to certain buttons seem to be getting
truncated.  Has RunRev any problem dealing with six-digit icon ids?
(I was assigned ids 103000 thru 103100 by MetaCard.)

* What can I do to prevent this, physically save a copy of the stack
on a different computer?
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company