record sound on a Mac

Mark Talluto fuegox at mac.com
Tue May 21 09:22:36 EDT 2002

On Friday, May 10, 2002, at 07:38  PM, use-revolution-
request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

>> While I am using MC to do this, it does apply to Rev users as well.  I
>> am recording in a small app I made.  It works well except for on thing.
>
>> It does not create a reliable recording.  "recordinput" is a new
>> command
>
>> in 2.4.2 that allows you to set your audio input from within your
>> script.  Thanks for taking a look at this.  The actual recording stack
>> can be dowloaded from here:
>> http://www.canelasoftware.com/pub/record.sit   Anyone can have it if
>> they like.  I placed this in a button designed for recording:
>
> A few suggestions:
> 1) Leave the recordinput as is, dflt (default), and set the input source
> using the sound control panel if necessary.
> 2) Try using 'set the recording to false'..instead of 'stop recording'.
> Both should work..but stop recording is undocumented.
> 3) Check the result of the record command.
>
> ie.
> record sound file tPath
> if the result is not empty then answer result
>

> Tuviah Snyder ~ tuviah at runrev.com
> Runtime Revolution Limited - The Solution for Software Development

Sorry to get back so late.  I have tried your suggestions and still get
the same problem.  The sound files are created and the quality is good.
The only problem is that the recordings are not correct.  A recording of
"testing 1, 2, 3" will play back as "3.....2"  and maybe it will put in
at the very end "testing 1".  Strange I know.  I have reported it to
Scott and he stated that the problem is a bug in QuickTime 5.  It may
only be on the mac.  I am waiting for QT 6 to show up here in July and
we will see.

-Mark Talluto