AppleScript, iTunes and Rev

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon May 20 05:40:31 EDT 2002

Here is an AppleScript that gives you the song name, artist & album
separated by commas.
Put this in a Rev property or field and then "do myScript as
AppleScript". If you then check "the result" you should have the data
you need.

tell application "iTunes"
	set trackID to the current track
	set trackName to the name of trackID
	set artistName to the artist of trackID
	set albumName to the album of trackID

	set totalData to trackName & ", " & artistName & ", " & albumName
	return totalData
end tell

This has only been tested on OS X but I assume the OS 9 version of
iTunes has the same AppleScript dictionary.

Cheers,
Sarah